FATE RPG System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite RPG?

2 posters

Go down

Favorite RPG? Empty Favorite RPG?

Post by SharksDM6 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 pm

What's everybody's favorite RPG and why?

My favorite was a fantasy sword and sorcery hack of SAGA called "Legends."  The guy who created it posted it for free download at fantasy - saga . wikidot . com (without the spaces).

I played a shark-kin scout.  I liked it because it mixed my favorite setting with a very good d20-based system.
SharksDM6
SharksDM6

Back to top Go down

Favorite RPG? Empty Re: Favorite RPG?

Post by Shai Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 pm

SharksDM6 wrote:What's everybody's favorite RPG and why?

My favorite was a fantasy sword and sorcery hack of SAGA called "Legends."  The guy who created it posted it for free download at fantasy - saga . wikidot . com (without the spaces).

I played a shark-kin scout.  I liked it because it mixed my favorite setting with a very good d20-based system.
Yes...I ran that game. ;-) I'm glad you liked it.

My favorite is Saga Edition proper...for Star Wars. It's really an elegant system, and the first time I ever appreciated the game mechanics. Rodney Thompson did an amazing job. I would always use SAGA for Star Wars...even over FATE.

That said, I'm really high on FATE right now, and am looking forward to running a FATE Core game. I'm running FAE for my kids in a sword-and-sorcery setting, and using Spirit of the Century for two other games I'm running, a Middle-earth game set in Tolkien's Second Age and another game set in the American Revolution. I think FATE Core is much cleaner, though, and am eager to switch at least one of those games over to the new edition.
Shai
Shai
Admin

https://faterpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum